- 9 Cranberry Benefits.
- Powerhouse of Antioxidants. …
- Prevents UTIs. …
- Boosts Brain Power. …
- Prevents Cancer. …
- Helps with Weight Loss. …
- Combats Tooth Decay. …
- Nourishes Skin.
Cranberry Pills are a boon straight from heaven! Be it their look and feel, taste, or benefits, cranberries are the best of all berries. These deep red beauties are a common sight in many kitchens because of their health benefits.
You can make jams, spreads, dips, and whatnot with these delicious berries. But, one cranberry product that possesses equal therapeutic value as the fruit is cranberry juice. Pure cranberry juice is great for your heart, kidneys, liver, vagina, urinary tract, immune system, and GI tract.
Want to know more? Let’s see how cranberry juice fares as a refreshing summer drink. Start scrolling!
Table Of Contents
What Is So Good About Cranberry Pills
Cranberry juice is made from fresh cranberry produce, and it is a life potion. There’s more to it than its bright, deep red color and tangy tartness.
Generally drinking two glasses of cranberry juice daily may also protect you from cardiovascular diseases. Similarly it also keeps diabetes, kidney troubles, and dental plaque at bay.
In the following sections, we will discuss the benefits of drinking cranberry juice along with the scientific evidence to back them. Keep reading!
What Are The Health Benefits Of Cranberry Pills?
1. Controls Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
Generally several controlled trials with women as subjects were conducted in which they were put on cranberry juice for 12 months. It was reported that cranberry juice decreased the recurrence of UTIs in these women.
2. Cranberry Pills Boosts Heart Health
The active ingredients of cranberry juice have vasorelaxing properties. In simpler terms, drinking cranberry juice can relax the stiff blood vessels in your body. Thus, it lowers blood pressure or hypertension. Generally this property of cranberry juice was proven in rat and pig studies.
Generally if you are looking for a heart-healthy meal, add a glass of cranberry juice to your daily diet.
3. Improves Dental Health And Hygiene
Generally cranberry juice creates a protective layer on your teeth. The cranberry juice-film makes it difficult for the bacteria that cause cavities to cling to the surface of your teeth.
4. Prevents Kidney Calcification And Infection
Cranberry juice is a traditional remedy that has been used for decades to treat UTIs and kidney conditions. The active ingredients of cranberry can inhibit the adherence of pathogens.
5. Cranberry Pills Mitigates Liver Diseases
Recent mice studies have reported that cranberry extract can decrease lipid accumulation in the liver. It was found to prevent the build-up of oxidative stress in high fat-fed mice.
A daily dose of cranberry extract can improve blood cholesterol and lipid profile in humans. As a result, the HDL levels of subjects fed on this extract are higher. The expression of anti-inflammatory genes and substances goes up too.
6. Possesses Strong Anti-inflammatory Properties
7. Combats Vaginal Infections
Hold That Thought!
Researchers do not have enough evidence to prove that cranberries are effective against UTIs.
8. Reduces Risk And Severity Of Diabetes
Firstly the fruit and vegetable intake of people with type 2 diabetes is typically low. Secondly this is probably because of its perceived adverse effect on glycemic control. Thirdly low-calorie cranberry juice can be a healthy way of increasing fruit intake in such cases.
9. Cranberry Pills Prevent Bacterial Adherence To Urinary Tract
11. Improves Gut Health And Metabolism
Cranberry extracts can protect your gut health and digestion. This berry has potent antimicrobial activity that blocks pathogenic infections in your gut.
12. Might Affect Influenza (Flu Virus) Severity
Take a look at its nutrition profile below for more info.
No wonder this drink is a detox A-lister!
Wondering how to experience the power of this juice? Why search elsewhere?
Scroll down to find a quick recipe to make this refreshing drink.
Here’s a super quick recipe for making cranberry juice at home.
What You Need
- Firstly cranberries: 1 quart
- Secondly Water: 1 quart
- Thirdly Sweetener of choice: ½ to 1 cup (to taste) [Sugar, honey, pure cane syrup, agave nectar, or artificial sweetener]
- In addition Boiling pot: Medium-large
- Finally Strainer or muslin cloth
Let’s Make It!
- Firstly pour the water and cranberries into a pot.
- Secondly bring them to a low boil until the cranberries pop. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Thirdly drain the cranberry juice through a fine strainer into a container.
- Similarly squeeze the berries to extract the juice.
- In the same vein let the juice to cool down.
- Finally serve fresh or chilled.
Cheers! You just made some fresh homemade cranberry juice!
You can add a dash of lemon or orange to this juice. Apples, tangerines, citrus fruits, other berries, and watermelon go well with this drink.
Likewise mix some chilled cranberry juice with vodka. Just what you need on a Friday night to get happy high!
Generally it’s so easy to make this low-cal drink that you may almost want to have it every day for breakfast.
But, there are some side effects of drinking too much cranberry juice. Find out what they are in the next section.